Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Going Green #8

8. No more water bottles

I used to be a huge consumer of water bottles(did you know it takes oil to make plastic). Those days are gone. We started with cute Dora, Spiderman, and Diego water bottles in Easter baskets. Then added to the grown up collection some we found at Walgreen's for .99(they were full of emergency stuff so they really were a steal, because we took the stuff out and added them to our 72 hour kits-extra bonus for you they still have them). I found myself be short a few water bottles more so in the summer my kids use them everyday. I was at a local dollar store one day and quickly added Nemo, Cars, and Princesses to our water bottle collection. We have a spot for them in our cupboard just like plates and every other thing and my kids now fill them up for themselves every morning and they find their spot lined on the back of the counter.

No comments: