1. Fill up less
I used to fill my tank every 10 days now every 21 days.
What I did not to drive around so much...I used to run an errand everyday. Now if I am in one spot of town anything I have to do there gets done. If I were needing to go to return something to the library I would also take the kids to The Center fo the Arts or send it with my husband when he went to Young Men's or if I needed to run to go to Lowes or Home Depot I would grocery shop at Meijers, stop at Micheals, and Target. The funny thing was not only did I save money on gas because I was getting things done in one area, I also saved money because I was trying to get the things done before the kids errand timer ran out and there was no time to browse. It was here's my list, get the stuff, get out, go to the next place, next store.
We got netflix so no more running back and forth to the movie store. This movie is due the next day, this one in five days, this one is a 2 day rental you get the picture we would run to the movie store 4 days a week and not to mention the late fees that would sometimes happen.
No more shopping out of town- which is a big one. If I really needed something from a specific store not in our town I usually could just find it at their on line site and the sites always have a clearance section(guess what I never ordered a thing all year, there was never anything so special that I had to leave this town to go get it or have it shipped to me either). I started going to Sam's quarterly instead of monthly and now I go bi-annually and to the cannery once a year or whenever my can of carrots runs out then I know it is time to go!
Just staying home-we have a ton of fun stuff to do just at home and my kids love being here. We have movie nights at home complete with popcorn,pop,and movie candy. We have game nights. We color and paint and we love playdough. We sing and dance around the house. We have adventures..did you know the tree outside our house is a troll and there are goblins in our yard, thank goodness we have the safety of our tree house. We sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles. Honestly what more could we ask for than our kids loving Fun at Home!
This is how I quit driving so much and went GREEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great ideas and tips! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment