Saturday, August 2, 2008

Moments That Make Motherhood

  • A huge hug and the words "Your the Best" - the princess

  • The most disgusting, smelliest backpack in the world and you don't mind taking care of it's contents because your teen had a blast at camp.

  • "I am glad I am in this family"-The teen (can you believe that from the teenager)

  • All of them lying on top of you for morning snuggles viaing for the best spot.

  • "Mom what can I wash for you?" and then proceeding to wash everything with puddles of water everywhere and using their very own toothbrush. The next day "I want to help again?" followed by more puddles and the right toothbrush this time. - the princess

  • Them having the need to have good night kisses or it just isn't a good night.

  • Cuddling with the teenager watching a movie.

  • "Thank you so much mom for making dinner." - the smart guy(I wonder if he knows I am expected to do this as a parent)

  • "I want to wear my big boy underwear!" followed by the diaper off and readily putting them on, which is great progress after weeks of absoluetly no way that is going to happen also followed by the other realization of he isn't ready quite yet- the calm one

  • Seeing the excitement of the fruits of their labor come to fruition. They were so excited to see red tomatoes in their garden.

  • Hearing the prayers of your children for their daddy and big brother to come home soon and their faces lighting up when they do!

  • Hearing your child say something you say with the same inflection and going that came from me- "Actually"- the laid back boy

  • Them doing something because they know it is the right thing to do and then seeing their sense of accomplishment on their faces when they realize it.

  • Knowing your laid back boy is not so laid back because you passed his nap time and now reality has struck you that you get to deal with the grumpy gus. Note to self don't miss nap time tomorrow.

  • "I lud you too mom." followed by a huge kiss and a big bear hug and then his little body just melts into yours- the calm one

  • When you see parts of you in a boy you were sure was all dad- the brains of the operation

  • When your little brain comes down and says, "We forgot all about the hug and the kiss!" and you are now humbled because you are typing this very blog.

2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

You're right--motherhood is the best, and it's all these little moments that make it that way!

Our Family Adventures said...

Loved reading this :)