
Most don't know I am a country girl I grew up on the Salt River. When I say "grew up on" I mean when I looked out my living room window everyday the river was right there. I spent hundreds of hours of my childhood swimming, building sandcastles more like entire towns on the sand bars, and exploring all its wonders. Well today I had the oppurtunity to take my kids to where I grew up. It was so fun to see them do all things I spent so many summers doing. Finding clam shells and following the clam trails and actually finding one and having it spit on the brain was so funny. Finding racoon, deer, and blue heron tracks. Skeletons of cray fish and actual ones too. Climbing over and under and onto fallen trees. Going to the big rock and watching them do the same thing to that old rock I used to do(splash it and slide down it into the water) was so reminiscent of me and my sisters doing the same thing over 20 years ago. Smearing clay all over themselves and jumping into wash it off of course. Swimming at the bend(a curve in the river where it was deep enough for even a teen to swim). Seeing the lavender butterflies that I haven't seen since I was a child was shocking to me I forgot all about the lavender butterflies. Needless to say we had a wonderful afternoon doing all things I used to do when I was a kid.

1 comment:
What a Wonderful Day! It sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Post a Comment