Friday, August 15, 2008

Ending a Highly Stressful Week on a High! for One in Our Family

This week has been one of exhaustion, hunger, emotion and triumph for our teenage boy. Have I mentioned in July he was 4'11" and he is now 5'4" and I am sure these number will keep climbing the way he is eating and sleeping and in midst of all of this growing he had soccer tryouts. Which exhaust the exhausted and hunger the starving. I honestly think we will have to take out a small loan to feed this boy at a box a cereal a day, a half gallon of milk a day, and I am at a count of 30 cucumbers this week alone. After a long week of 2 a day tryouts he has made the JV team(1 of 2 freshmen to do so) and it came down to a nail bitter for him. They announced who made the team by class with freshmen being last. Funny thing is by the time he returned home to tell me the news I already knew via the mass e-mails I received about times, places, orders, meetings and such that will be taking place in the next 5 days starting with getting socks last night for the 4 game tournament on Saturday! Let the games begin!

3 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

That is A LOT of growing in one month! WOW!!!

Carn Family said...

30 cucumbers...wow! Congrats on making the team!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.