This is a time of sadness but also of celebration NO MORE DIAPERS!!!! Sad because no diapers means my kiddos are all big boys and girls now but happy because NO MORE DIAPERS!!!
Our laid back boy was showing almost all the signs for being ready to be potty trained except one and it is in my opinion the most important one and it is wanting to do it but the time was right...summer travel had ended and dad had the day off so I could put all my attention on the potty day. We introduce the potty which he had met before. The diaper came off and underwear went on. Koolaid was made along with applejuice. We had potty pez waiting when there was success. Grandmas on call to hear of all of his happenings of the day(and one aunt when no grandma was available). We were all set for Potty Day! I never thought I would be a mom to be offering my child gallons of koolaid but I was all morning and after the first accident and him really not wanting anything to do with the whole business I almost decided he was not ready but the koolaid had caught up to him and by accident he went potty on the potty. Well almost he was sitting on the potty but the guard was down so it was all over the floor but success had happend and this is when the magic began and the first potty pez was awarded. Roughly 5 minutes later he wanted more pez and he was informed the only way you get it is if you go on the potty well he marched right over and went. Once he realized he got candy everytime he went on the potty, he went on the potty. To my surprise he was dry this morning as well and went right to the bathroom. I am sure we will have a few accidents over the next month but huge progress for one day. Congratulations to my big guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! That's quite the milestone!
That is so Awesome! What a relief to have moved on from diaper days :) Thanks for your call last night, you are so thoughtful!!
Wow what a big day. I will keep my fingers crossed that it keeps going so well!
Post a Comment