Thursday, August 21, 2008

Be Like Little Children or At Least Learn from Them

My blog is called Jewels of a Child and the reason is we truly learn little jewels from our little children. It is the Savior Himself that says, "be like little children". Here is a little jewel for the most expected source a child:
My little brain came up to me and says, "Mom I have been thinking about it and teasing is not what Heavenly Father wants me to do." This is when I realize the countless teaching moments, Family Home Evenings, and scripture reading is all worth it even when I feel I might be in the middle of a circus at times. It is in this moment that I realize they are getting it, they are listening, they are feeling the Holy Ghost and acting on it. It was a jewel of enlightenment to me that even when you think they aren't listening and possibly think you can't teach kindness, peacemaking, importance of family relationships one more time you can and you will because they need it and then one day the Holy Ghost comes in and makes an impression on their little hearts forever because you paved the way.

No comments: