Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What I learned in my 24 hours of darkness...

1. I can cook pancakes over an open flame in the dark and not kill anyone
2. Showering by lantern is not too bad
3. I can count on family to get me out of the dark
4. We need to run preparedness drills
5. People do get irritable in a crisis
6.People do get irritable when they are hot and there is nothing you can do about it(fan, air conditioning)
7. I am glad we have a gas stove and gas water heater and (this is a doozy)
8. Consumer will let you check the status of your power outtage on line...now where are the batteries for the computer.

1 comment:

Carn Family said...

Wow that does not sound fun. I had not heard that people had lost power. I hope it is back on and you are enjoying an air conditioned house again!