Monday, June 30, 2008

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!

I hear a hysterical scream followed by, "I didn't do anything, she did it!" As my little princess comes into sight with a very red face and a scream like I have never heard from her before and I am sure she has lost a limb but behind that scream there is something almost audible and I think she is saying something about an ant. Sure enough behind those screams of hysterics is the fact there is an ant in her hair and now we are into the scream GET IT OUT!!! I am telling you I have never looked for a needle in a haystack but that would have been easier than what I was doing. I looked in that jumping head of blonde hair with the shrieks of "It is in there get it out!" for over 15 minutes and I finally say I think you gave it a heart attack from all the screaming and he died or jumped ship. However she is insistent it is there and I look some more without any luck and I say again it is gone. My little brain points out that maybe the hairats ate it and of course this doesn't convince her at all and with more screams of the fact there is an ant in her hair I begin my quest again and I do find the smallest little ant that was quite ready to be found and once again we have a happy little princess....later that day we are prepping pea pods to be frozen and my little princess comes across a little green caterpillar and says very endearingly, "look mom it so cute I need to take him outside to live." She picks him up ever so gently and takes him outside to live in our backyard. It amazes me that our little princess can be so hot and cold about the living creatures on this earth and I am ever ready to hear I didn't do anything and it is one of those small creatures frollicking in her hair near a heart attack from all the screaming.

No comments: