This morning was such a great morning started by going to the farmer's market on the search for fresh grown in the Tri Cities produce(you have to be careful I was nearly lured into to buying what I thought was yummy MI strawberries then took note of the truck full of cases of strawberries straight from California not that CA is bad just I wanted picked today or yesterday strawberries not picked last week and shipped here strawberries).
Then it was off to the soccer fields and what a great day for a soccer game not to hot with a nice breeze. I am so impressed with my soccer guy he had gotten advice when he was 8ish that the best soccer player on the team is the one that makes everyone look better and he has held true to that. Stepping up when he needs to but truly letting other players grow. He scored 3 goals today but I am more proud of the 15ish attempted assists than those 3 goals. I am amazed at the leadership skills he has honed in the last year thanks to a great coach that realized this kid knows more about soccer than I do so I will get advice from him and let him lead the team which he has with selflessness which quite honestly is a lost characteristic of most 14 year olds now a days. Today might have been his last soccer game of the season but more importantly than the game or the outcome was a true showing of his character. Love you bud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is such a great kid! I need to go to the farmers market! I LOVE that place :)
Ditto Melissa--he IS a great kid, and a very talented player. That makes me laugh about CA strawberries at our little Midland Farmers' Market...I sure love it there though!!
Post a Comment