Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Hilarity of it All!!!

Today we were having a new water heater installed after many days of stopping leaks and cleaning up leaks with the latest round taking an hour to stop the leaking I was ready for today...or so I thought. First the workers came later than expected due to the fact one of their workers fell off a roof. Then when they did arrive they went right to work only to discover that the valve to shut off the gas to the house was stripped and unable to be turned off which lead to them needing to leave and us calling Consumers to come and fix it. The call went smooth someone will be out between 12-4 and we will receive a call 20 minutes before they come( I am still waiting for that call at 11:30 pm) Three hours after our water heater guys left they returned tired of waiting(and they thought Consumers would be there in an hour HAHA) they decided to try again to turn off the gas which they did..yea we are going to get this thing taken care of and so busy as beavers they went to work installing the water heater. Everything went off without a hitch they were done by 2:30ish not the 1oam I was planning on but it was done or so I thought.

We took the teen to soccer training and returned home at 7:45 and when I got out of the van I could smell gas and not just a little bit. I quickly call Consumers and we have to evacuate the house RIGHT NOW! The kicker we have to leave the house but stay with in sight of the house until Consumers arrives. Out we march the little guys weary, tired, a few tears were involved and in their jammies(did I mention 1 of them has the flu) out of the house and into the car. We back down the road a few houses and wait. Now Consumers protocal is 6o minutes from the call in a gas leak situation someone will be there.

I actually completely understand Lehi's situation when they need to leave their home and go into the wilderness and the whining of Laman and Lemuel because honestly this was the situation tired, whining kids. I understood completely why they were so upset and I am sure if the timing would have been different it would have been better. My husband being so smart actually told them the story of Lehi's family needing to leave their homw because it was going to be destroyed and how Laman and Lemuel complained but Nephi didn't because he knew his fahter was doing it protect them. You know what the whining and complaining stopped. Thank you honey!!!

As we are sitting there and counting down the minutes and it was 59 minutes we were ready to call Consumers again when at exactly 60 minutes they arrive. My hubby jumps out of the car walks down the street to our house with the Consumers truck following him. No sooner does he get all the way to our house, a light shines into the back of the car...Oh yes a police car not only do I have one behind me I have one in front of me as well. I of course explain what has happend and I am sure he got a good chuckle out of the whole thing. The neighbors called and said their was a car sitting by the side of the road. Just sitting their with people in it. Yup that would be the family EVACUATED from their house waiting to see if their house was going to blow before Consumers decided to show up!!!! Anyway I am glad today is over and we are in our house safe and sound!!!

5 comments:

Carn Family said...

WOW that was quite the story. What a terrible day! I hope today is a little more calm for you.

luckyduck said...

Oh, Julia! I'm sorry things were so horrible. Can't believe Consumers didn't come out right away.

Stephanie Lowe said...

Holy Cow! What a morning you had! I'm glad that part is over (for now at least :) )!

one busy mom said...

What is there to say? Unbelievable. I'm glad your house didn't blow up! Someday you'll look back and laugh, right? Or are you laughing already?

Jewels said...

I am laughing already!!!! In matter of fact I was laughing when it was going on!!!