Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've Been Thinking......

I love the following hymn(comments to follow).


I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go

1. It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle’s front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I’ll go where you want me to go.

[Chorus]
I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I’ll be what you want me to be.

2. Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand’rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I’ll say what you want me to say.

3. There’s surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth’s harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life’s short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be.

Do we go where the Lord wants us to go? Do we serve where He wants us to serve? Do we listen to the still small voice? Sometimes yes we do....when it fits us or when it is something we love or soemthing we want to hear. Do we serve with all our heart when it is uncomfortable or not our thing? It is when the task is hard, not our preferred calling, out of our comfort zone, or even not part of our plan and then when we put our whole self into it and do as the Lord asks of us that we become who He wants us to be! And who else knows what we need or those around us need more than He does!

6 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Great thoughts. I've experienced this in my life lately, and I hope I've risen to the challenge.

Carn Family said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are very timely for me right now.

luckyduck said...

I know that's something I can work on too.

one busy mom said...

Thank you for the inspiration - timely for me lately, too.

Kat said...

Julia, I am so glad that I am finally getting to your blog! I got the Christmas letter. I am getting mine out on Monday. LOL Yeah, I know, it is late, but better late than never. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are! Check out my blog too! I would love to chat with you sometime. :)

eight happy "hardts" said...

Thanks for your thoughts! I love how you take the time to ponder such great things and share them with us. :) ;)