Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Books, Books, and More Books

I think putting goals on your blog is risky business because then you have a whole wide world you are accountable too. In this case I am going to make an exception becasue as I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now I have made discoveries that could benefit other moms in search of....

a good read. I have decided to read 21 books to my kids every week. In doing this I have found some great books. Every week I am going to list my 3 favorites and I am sure some will be repeats now and again. Last weeks favorites were:

1. Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon- a great book about the importance of being yourself
2. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein-a story of love and giving
3. The Bravest Knight by Mercer Mayer-I might be a brave Knight but I am glad I can pretend and I don't live then!

2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Fabulous goal! Reading is the best! Oh, and The Giving Tree totally brings me back to my childhood--my mom read that to me when I was little, and I remember it sitting on our bookshelf. :)

Erica said...

We own Bad Case of the Stripes - definitely a good one. And the rest - all some of my favorite authors! It will be fun to see what else you guys are reading :)