Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't do 5:30am

It is so hard after the Holidays to send the kiddos back to school and the easiest part for me is getting back into the routine. We didn't sleep in incredibly late during break but there was a day or 2 I was able to hang out in bed until I just wanted to get up(SOOO nice and an extra thanks to the hubby for taking everything else so I could).
The hardest part was D3 started overnights the day before they went back to school, this means I have to get up with the seminary child UGH!!! Luckily thanks to friends I don't have to wake up all the kids and take him to seminary! But I don't do 5:30am incredibly well so I thought starting our first day back at 6:07 OOPS(he is picked up at 6:10) would be a nice way to jump start our first day back...NOT! Hilarity ensued as I am trying to get him up and dressed and teeth brushed at light speed not to mention I forgot his breakfast and lunch in the craziness! Thank goodness he took a shower the night before and he's a boy or he never would have been ready in time and thankfully the friends were 5 minutes late!

2 comments:

luckyduck said...

Ha, ha! Sorry, I'm sure I'll be the same way when Charlie is old enough for seminary. Would I be a bad mom if I didn't wake up to fix him breakfast like a friend of mine does?

Erica said...

What a trooper. I don't do 5:30 am either - good luck with that!!!