Sunday, December 20, 2009

So shocked!!!

With weeks before school starting I was getting anxious because all of my children would be in school for 2 half days a week. I know most moms would welcome the child free time but I was on the verge of tears thinking about it. I decided then I would keep myself busy and had a list of things I was going to do. I accomplished many and 1 I just didn't get to in time, but there is alwasy next year for that one.

One of the first things on my list was to start freelancing. I have never been much of a writer believe it or not, but I have been told on numerous occasions I need to write a book. I am not in a place in my life right now to write a book but I thought if I spent 2 hours a month writing and submitting I did have time for that. I started off really good..ideas were flowing and then came the swine flu.... since then I have not done much with it. However before the swine flu arrived in our home I had submitted one article and I just recieved the acceptance letter and the check for it. Can I say I am SHOCKED!!!! Truly shocked!!! I never would have thought I would ever do anything like this and I love it!!!!

3 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

That is Awesome! So, when do we get to read this article of yours?!

Melanie said...

Congrats! That is really cool. You will have to let us know where and when you are going to be published. Yeah!

luckyduck said...

Nice! Would love to read your article.