Thursday, December 3, 2009

Countdown Day 2

Today we went to Pizza Sam's for dinner and to visit Santa Claus. Our downtown is lovely at Christmas time and it was the perfect night to walk around. In front of the courthouse there is a Nativity and we stopped and talked about The Wiseman and why at Christmas we give gifts. The kids were so excited to see Santa's reindeer and then into Santa's House...who couldn't love this place. David IV kept looking around to see how everything worked which was a new approach to being in Santa's House I had never seen before. Julianna loved the dollhouse and Jensen couldn't get enough of the trains! Now I have some shy children and 2 of them were not going to sit on Santa's lap not for one minute. So our brave D4 was a great example and talked to Santa. What I realized is Santa is used to getting lists of things the children want well he wanted only one thing which perplexed the Jolly One. I thought he responded well for the situation by asking if he liked surprises and what child doesn't like surprises. To my surprise when David jumped off of Santa's lap Jensen ran and hopped right up there and exclaimed he would really like some Trios for Christmas and again surprising myself and Santa that was all he wanted and the question do you like surprise what put forth. Now it was our Princess turn to talk to Santa and she politely when asked if she wanted to sit on his lap she said, "No thank you." and they began to chat about what she would like for Christmas and again she asked for only one item and yes she likes surprises too! It was a joyous night adn I am glad we took the time for it!

1 comment:

luckyduck said...

I love the idea of doing something as a family everyday until Christmas. Going to the Santa House was one of our favorite activities in Midland.