Friday, September 23, 2011
Hearts Hearts Everywhere
Today was one of those days that never ends. Let me explain. The upside of the day is that it is Thursday because that is my night off from cooking dinner..woohoo. I ran all day because it is someones birthday this week and I wanted to have everything ready so when the kids came home from school we could work on Dads birthday surprises. We worked quickly and then got ourselves all presentable for dinner and then ran to pack meeting. From there we divided I took Julianna and Jensen home to bed while David and David went to the ShelterHouse to finish up a project that was left unfinished on Saturday(David was so excited to go back to the ShelterHouse to work I couldn't very well stop him from going to give his time to the community). They returned home sometime around 9:45ish and then it was off again to drive to Sanford to drop off a truck we had been borrowing and then back home again. By the time we returned home it was 11:15 and I was exhausted and I am sure David was too. I explain this day because I am finding them very typical around here lately but something was different this day. As we drug our exhausted bodies up the stairs and turned on the lights in our bedroom we were welcomed with a fabulous surprise...Hearts Hearts Everywhere!!!! While we were away our children cut out hearts and put them all over our room. Some were plain, some had writing on them, or pictures colored on them, but one wall was the best. It had 2 big hearts on each side. One said I love that you... and the other side said Love with all the kids names signed. All the hearts in the middle had all the things we do or who we are. It was one of those days when the exhaustion was all worth it or efforts were recognized. We love you our children, you are all wonderful..Christian, Kendra, David, Julianna, and Jensen!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a nice surprise! Your kids are so sweet. BTW, we'll be out during the holidays so let's figure out a time to get together.
Post a Comment