Thursday, September 22, 2011

Articles of Faith

     We are currently working on memorizing the Articles of Faith and have a little chart set up for the kiddos to encourage them along the way.  This has been quite a motivator for my children, they are pulling out their scriptures all the time trying to memorize the next one.  The other afternnon I was working one on one with Julianna because she was stuck but Jensen also wanted my attention too.  I asked David if he could work with Jensen on his next one since he knew that Article of Faith so well  and they gladly worked together, so I could give Julianna the time she needed.

      Every morning we gather in our living room and we read the scriptures, or read a story, or sing a song and this morning was a bit different I gathered them around but I was not quite ready to go so I had asked them to grab their book and read quietly while I finished getting ready for the day and then from upstairs I started to  hear singing.  I quietly snuck down the stairs to see what was going on and I wish my camera was in my hand becasue what I saw next was inspiring.  David was sitting on the ottoman with Jensen and Julianna in front of him and he was teaching them a song to one of the Articles of Faith.  It is one of those moments as a parent that you treasure.

No comments: