Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making Breakfast Inspiration

It is funny when you are doing something you do everyday and then you realize I am their mother.

I made breakfast of english muffins and bagels and I set out the plates and all the children sit in front of their plate..one with english muffins with peanutbutter, one with english muffins with butter and cinnamon, one with 1 cinnamon bagel and cream cheese with an apple on the side, and one plate with 3 cinnamon bagels with light cream cheese. I don't tell them where to sit but I know where they will sit just by where the plates were at and then I just sat back and watched them interacting with eachother and I realized I was their mom. I of course realized before this day but once in a while it hits you I really am their mom and I know them. I know their likes and dislikes. I know their strengths and weaknesses. I know when they need alone time and when they need a hug. I know when to back away and let them learn from their mistakes and when to swoop in and teach after they have fallen. I see all their potential and am excited to see who they become. I can imagine I feel a lot like Heavenly Father feels about each of us and I sit in wonder and awe of Him and who He is and that He allows me to share this journey with my children so I can become who He needs me to be!

No comments: