Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am Grateful

I have immense gratitude in my heart for awhile now and in the recent weeks it has been spilling over. For all these reasons and much more I am Grateful:

I am grateful for my husband and all he is, does, and is becoming..for him I am Grateful!

I am grateful for my children! My children are wonderful and I know all mothers think this but they have went above and beyond there duties as young children and the ever busy teenager they are. It is so amazing to me that with all that has been happening in their little lives they could have been terrors but they have been true examples of Christ. They have been kind, compassionate, nurturing, loving, helpful, and the list could go on and on. As an example of their goodness here is a snippet from this morning as I laid in bed trying to muster the energy to get up, I hear the youngest helping each other get breakfast and a sister loving help her brother make his lunch. To their examples I am Grateful!!!

I am grateful for my Grandma who has prayed for me everyday of my life. I can't imagine where I would have been without her diligent heart felt prayers on my behalf for all of her prayers I am Grateful.

I am grateful for my mother who has taught me how to be a daughter. The way she cares for her mother is the way I imagine Christ would care for her. I often watch with amazement as she is truly Christs hands here on the earth for stunning example of Him I am Grateful.

I am grateful for my sisters thoughts, prayers, and concerns. I am grateful for one of them in particular for taking over what I would typically do so it could happen without much effort on my part and for being on your hands and knees cleaning my floors and baseboards...thank you, for your example of service I am Grateful.

I am grateful for my dad and his fatherly phone calls that have made any difficult situation have more perspective for this I am Grateful.

I am grateful for the family I married into and their willingness to do whatever they could for our family especially in the last few weeks but over our entire marriage when the chips were down they were there to help in so many ways for that I am Grateful.

I am grateful for the Sisters that accepted me where I was and saw my potential. They invited me into their families and I learned from their great examples. For their husbands patience and blessings that helped me know what kind of person I would want to marry someday I am Grateful.

I am grateful for the Home Teachers we have had over the years that have gone above and beyond their call of duty and have helped us in countless ways. For their Christlike example of service, I am Grateful.

I am grateful for children and all we can learn from them. If we all could see the world from a child's perspective what a wonderful world it would be. For their sweet spirits that are so close to Heavenly Father I am Grateful.

I am grateful for true friends that call, drop things by, and are willing to take my children when I am having a bad day. For their willingness to sacrifice on my behalf I am Grateful.

I am grateful for the opportunity to make mistakes and learn and grow from them and become one mistake at a time like Christ. One of my favorite quotes is "Mistakes and failures are great teachers. They provide the opportunity to learn and grow stronger and more capable." How true it is and fro all of my mistakes I am Grateful!

I am grateful for Christ and the wonderful atonement he provided. Everyday when I wake up I know I have a new day ahead of me and it can be better than the day before and when I make a mistake I can be forgiven and learn and grow because of that great atonement for that I am Grateful.

I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who loves me for me and sees all that I am and he still loves me! He sees who I can become and shares glimpses of that with me so I know who he wants me to be. He teaches me unconditional love. He is a perfect example of a parent and I am grateful for all that I learn from Him about being a parent. I am grateful for the whisperings of the Holy Ghost and am grateful for Heavenly Fathers wisdom knowing we would need His guidance readily available to us. For the beauty and knowledge He provides I am Grateful.

As you can probably tell I began working on this blog post a while ago and every time I came to it I would cry like I am right now so I would stop and add a little once in a while. My list of gratitude is endless and I have been grateful for this time in my life. It has been a difficult time and I can see down the road and know it is not over yet but I do know I will become who He needs me to be at the end of it all and until then I will find Joy in my Journey and for this I am GRATEFUL!!!!

No comments: