This was so easy to do because for dinner we had a salad bar and I just made salads their favorite ways while cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. Put a few pieces of cubed chicken on a toothpick for fun add some dressing to a container for dipping or drizzling and I am positive their will be nothing left of these healthy lunches
Again so easy I took the fruit salad that was left over after dinner, added grape tomatoes, and cottage cheese and I had one happy girl and I can tell you there was nothing left.
This day I was in a hurry because we had eaten out the night before, so I decided to time myself. I quickly cut string cheese and added those along with mini pepperoni to the toothpicks(David had pirate toothpicks). Added some crackers and pizza sauce and chopped up a romaine heart for salad and grape tomatoes. Using food writers I wrote a quick note on their bananas and in under 10 minutes they had a fun lunch! Can I tell you they were so excited for this lunch!
I have always struggled with packing lunches it bores me...another peanut butter and jam sandwich even though I would cut them into cute shapes the monotony of it all made me lose interest and I always felt like they needed healthier options.
The other thing I had not considered was I now make Jensen's lunch when I make Julianna and David's so that is something taken off my list to do during the day. I am glad I had enough foresight to buy him his own box.
This has really worked for me and I am sure to share other bento options in the future and the reviews around here have been fabulous, David has even said he only wants cold lunch(he always loved hot dog day but not now) all year which proves to me I made the right choice of switching how I make lunches!!!
2 comments:
love them - they're oh so cute and are making me want to eat those lunches too!
Where did you get those cool lunch boxes?
Post a Comment