Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What have I done?!?

That is what I kept saying to myself last week!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! What started out as a small organization project(and I wish I had taken a picture on Monday night)turned into a full blown disaster and project. What do they say it will gets worse before it gets better!?! Well it certainly got worse and so bad that on Monday night I developed a twitch in my eye! On Tuesday morning I sat on the floor looked at what was ahead of me and the twitch returned as well as a few tears I might admit. Then in true Julia fashion I decided I might as well dig in. Empty boxes were being filled and cataloged at rapid pace 6 boxes to be exact and 3 garbage bags! Then furniture pushed and pulled! Bins sorted through! Sweeping and Vaccuming! Dusting and Washing! Organizing and Tossing! And some shopping!!! Finally on Friday night around midnight my project was 95% done! That is were it sits today 95% done and I am happy with that!!!

A project that honestly I could have had done Tuesday took all week and I look back and ask myself why did it not get done until midnight on Friday? The answer to that.... I made the right choices! When the kids asked to play a game or do a puzzle...we did! When they wanted to read a story...we read! We played outside, made dinner together, and read some more. It was hard to leave a project undone everynight I went to bed but at the end of the day I can truly say I made the right choice....a mess with happy kids!!!

No comments: