I just got back inside after being out digging in the dirt since 9:00 am(it is a bit after 3 now). First I would like to thank a friend for stopping her husband from killing off a bunch of plants(lily of the valley) so I could scoop them up this morning.Now for the reason for the post:
My kids got busy helping and then went on their own little adventures. Our neighbors have a tree in front of their house right next to the sidewalk. It is a home to a very large colony of ants. Last year they used to draw circles with sidewalk chalk and if the poor ants went outside of the circle the were dead, well ever since we watched the movie Antbully(highly recommended) they have had a different attitude towards the ants. Today as morbid as this might sound whenever they came across a grub in our digging adventures they would go feed the poor thing to the ants. They would watch the ants drag it into their lair and then happily try to find another grub to feed their new found friends the ants. It got so funny because the kids would start taking the ants orders right down to dessert. The ants apparently really liked dessert because they ordered it 3 times! I love watching my kids use their imagination and love the world around them except the grubs apparently!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it great the weather is nice and the kids can play outside!
Post a Comment