I started organizing and cleaning out the house at the beginning of the year and I started pricing and boxing up stuff and putting it in the attic for a garage sale. The thought of having a garage sale is not appealing to me at all. My time can be better spent and is worth more than I could make sitting in front of my house for 2 days. I have donated over the years to Salvation Army but it was this box is worth $5.00, this bag is worth $2.00 you get the picture.
I was explaining this to a friend and she lead me to a friend that lead me to this wonderful website:
www.itsdeductible.com
You just type in what you are donating and it prices it for you(the govenrment allowance for said items)and it saves it for you for the year and you just print it out and attach it to your receipt from donated charity.
We have just donated over $1,000 in stuff this month!!! And I haven't even went and fished the stuff out of the atttic yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment