Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Thought

As the New Year approaches I always try to figure out what my goals are for the next year, my "resolution", it is more of a thought that I keep with me all year. As I was reading through someone who is very close to my heart's blog I came across this...and it is my thought of the year:

A reminder of the 3 things that we take with us in this life as taught by Elder Holland at Ashley's(the daughter of the Elder that taught and baptized me-she was 5) Funeral. 1. Our Families. 2. Our Character. 3. Essential Ordinances

1. Family is our first priority in our home but making the time more meaningful is my specific goal.
2. Since I am not perfect and no one is there is always something in our characters we can work on. What I am going to work on is being a better listener. SO if you catch me thinking about what I am going to say next, or interjecting instead of listening correct me.
3. Since I have participated in all of my essential ordinances my goal is to make sure my children are learning of their importance on their path to return to Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

luckyduck said...

Thanks for sharing and reminding us of the things that are most important.