Saturday, February 26, 2011

I FInished I Finished!!!!!

Currently I am the Primary President at church and I had challenged all the children to read The Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I knew this would be difficult but a doable task and when they accomplished their goal they could write their name on the brass plates. I of course wanted to be a good example and have it read first so I came up with a 6 month plan to accomplish my reading surely finishing before any of the children.

2 weeks went by and I start hearing reports of children being in Jacob...AHHHHHHHHHH..I am still in 1Nephi I thought. I knew I needed to step up my game quite a bit. I started staying up late at night, getting up early in the morning, if all my children were at school I was reading. Somedays up to 6 hours.

This past Sunday I asked the children how they were doing on their scripture reading and then I made a huge mistake and didn't realize it until later. I told them I would have it read by the next Sunday(tomorrow)and I was in Alma chapter 20 to be exact. It is by far the hardest book for me to get through and roughly half way through the Book of Mormon. Now I could have went back to them and said I mispoke but that would not be me, I dug in staying up even later and getting up even earlier and on Thursday I decide I was going to finish it. I was up and read for 3 hours before getting the children ready for school. I came home and read for over 2 hours. I picked up Jensen from preschool and got him lunch and read. He went to Snoozeyville(this is what we call naptime, yes he loves to go to Snoozeyville not every day and he is going to be 6 in June)and I read. I read until the other children came home from school and picked up the teen and I read some more and 10 minutes after my David came home from work I had finished!!!! It felt great!

The spirit of the last few weeks has been a sweet experience I would not trade for anything. I however am now ready to go back to the more casual study of scriptures. I am grateful for the scriptures and the great blessing they are in our life!

1 comment:

Jedda said...

Hey, just found you again :) Congrats!!!! You are such a great example!