I have read so many times it is the parents that make picky eaters and I am here to say this is NOT true. Every other one of my children has been a picky eater...and I can say this is not a fun thing to deal with as a parent. You try to decide what road to take..do you insist they try everything or cater to their favorites, do you let them sit at the table until they fall asleep so they will just try something...... do you battle or not.
I decided to give my children one bite of everything and they had to eat the one bite and then they could eat more of whatever they wanted. This worked fabulously for my older picky eater but the younger one not so much but I am a persistent type so we kept pushing forward with the plan and somedays dinner would go untouched, I would be frustrated, he would be crying..you can picture the whole scene LOVE AT HOME right?!?
Well my persistence paid off..YAHOO! This week we had salad and he grabbed the salad tongs and grabbed himself some without me even asking him too. Today for lunch he ate celery, carrots, broccoli, raisins, strawberries, and a cheesestick. So for all you parents out there with picky eaters...the battle can end, just be persistant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! We struggle with our girl too. The boy did well - he actually seemed very picky to us but now eats most things, but only two types of veggies. He does seem to be more willing to try new things now.
Post a Comment