Two Sundays ago I left for a early morning meeting which was the start of one of my busiest Sundays I have encounterd in a long time. When I arrived home from the meeting 4 out of the 5 people were running fevers not just little fevers we are talking 103 so what I thought was going to be time home to take a rest ended up being a get things undercontrol before I leave for what ended up being 8.5 hours. By the time I arrived home all children were nestled snug in their beds and I was quite relieved that I would be able to sleep in in the morning due to illness of children. Then an hour passed and I started to lose my voice which is always a bad sign and I went to bed and there I stayed until I decided I would not be sick anymore and that was Thursday, I got up and went and did some things and soon after I realized this was a bad idea and back to bed I went until Sunday, with 2 ill counselors I knew I had to buck up and get ready for church. I made it almost through sacrament meeting feeling good and then it hit me I was still sick and feeling a bit dizzy and exhausted. I went to shake it off and short of almost losing my voice during Sharing Time I had been blessed with feeling perfect. I made it through Sunday and was excited for a new week to catch up on all things domestic and to be a contributing member of society again.
Monday was great! I did some catching up and with the impending snow storm we decided to make family home evening a prepare for the storm evening. The kids were great help and we had fun as a family. We tucked all the children in short of the homework finishing teenager and made our plan of attack to the store(which I had imagined would be a mad house, it wasn't). As we were putting our coats on I hear coughing from one of the bedrooms which had been typical since the fever instances of this one child and then I hear it again and I realize it is not a cough cough it is a vomit cough and vomit there was..... dad grabs and runs said child to the bathroom there was a trail to prove it! Off go the coats and the shower and washer and steam cleaner are all in use. Over a hour later we are now putting our coats back on and are off to the store now exhausted and knowing it needs to happen tonight even if it is 11:30 at night because I am going to be at home with sick children all week. One by one they fell and so did the snow. We spent our snow days with puke pails and vomit vats. I was quite glad there was no school because by the time I was ill I was not driving anywhere. A Primary activity was delegated from my bedroom with me shaking and delirious from a fever and it went fabulous(thanks ladies) and today I woke up and was already to attend church and then there was this little voice that said you stay home and REST!!! and that is what I did. I stayed home and I snuggled my kiddos and we napped. With Super Bowl approaching I quickly whipped up some food for my teen who loves this Sunday(the only Sunday he watches football all year unless we are at Grandpas)and the only Sunday I make some of the yummiest(junk) food.
Here we are again 2 weeks since it all started. We still have one sick child and Monday is ahead to "catchup" and do you know what I learned during this last 2 weeks..I will always be catching up on something that is how life is, somedays you just need to stay home and rest, I don't have to do everything, and food that is whipped up at the last minute from food storage tastes just as good as food that was planned out and researched and fret over and surprisingly enough I came up with a new recipe in it all. So to all that have had a week and you say Here We Go Again...pay attention you just might learn something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment