Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

After a stressful couple of months I decided I inparticular needed a break and so this weekend was just what I thought my body and spirit needed and our family needed(Thank You PK)!!!
Here are some highlights of our weekend:


Why would I start off my pictures with a swan? Well it is a funny story. Our first morning at the lake we decided to go Jet Skiiing. My little Jensen doesn't like to try new things and the first ride on the Jet Ski every year is a difficult one. He will only go with me and we go roughly 2 miles an hour(not very fast for a jet ski)so we are toodling around the lake near the edge looking for turtles and fish and talking about erosion, when we see a couple of swans. Soon we ignore them and start our hunt again for a turtle when I notice out of the corner of my eye one of the swans swimming rather quickly in our direction. It was over a 100 feet away so I ignored it and then when it was 50 feet away I realized it was not happy at all and this is when I decide we need to get out of here and I go full throttle(reminding you my Jensen likes to go 2 miles an hour so gunning it is not going to create a happy moment). As I take off so does the swan flying behind us. You know how the mirror says "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" well I don't know how much closer the swan could have been in the mirror. A family member saw the whole thing happen and they said that when the swan would flap his wings up my hair would sucked up too, this tells you how close it was. Well lucky for us the jet ski is faster than the swan and he backed off when we started to pull away. Now to deal with Jensen who was not happy about going so fast. Luckily for me he was attacked by 100's of bees last year and has a very good understanding about animals protecting things. I was able to say the swan was protecting his baby and I went fast to protect my baby and all was well!!!

TUBING FUN!!!




RELAXING IN THE HOT TUB!!!!


PLAYING IN THE LAKE!!!!



FISHING!!!!






PADDLE BOATING!!!


MORE WATER FUN!!!

*as you can see Christian narrowly escaping the little guys


SPEED BOAT FUN!!!

David III, David II, Christian, Javone, Spencer, Trenton, and Josh
These guys also played A LOT of basketball and they do something else A LOT..... EAT!!!!

I was right it was just what we(I) needed. We relaxed and played and relaxed and jet skiied and relaxed and fished and relaxed and swam and relaxed and played games and relaxed and WIIed and relaxed and tubed and relaxed and went on boat rides while relaxing and just had fun together!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

That looks like so much fun! I LOVE the lake!

Jewels said...

It was so much FUN!!!!