Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School 2012


This year was a bit different for all of my youngest because when we moved last year we had actually moved to a different area of town and they would attend a different elementary school but since we still owned our old home when school started we were able to continue to send them to the current school..this was great Jensen was able to have the best kindergarten teacher which all my other children had too.  We have school of choice in our district and so I could have continued to send them there but I was driving and this is just driving time only not waiting in the parking lot in the traffic at the school so just driving 1 hour and 30 minutes a day and that is only taking them to and from not including the days I would drive there to volunteer which was 3 or 4 times a week.  . 
 
 The elementary school in our neighborhood is at the end of our street so it made a lot of sense and felt like the right thing to do..This was very hard for me because your school and the people their are like part of your family.  It was hard to say good bye to that family I had been a part of for over 14 years, the, moms you chat with, walking down the familiar halls, waving back at the children you have served over the years who know you by name, talking with the teachers you have gotten to know over the years...it was emotionally hard for me but it felt like the right thing to do...so we did it, we made the big switch!!! 
 
The boys were fine with this change but for Julianna who is very social and had a group of friends she loved it was harder but this first day of school she was excited.  She met a girl there named Erin when went to visit last week and we asked her if she would be her helper and show her around the school and  I think they will be fast friends. 
 
It was raining this morning but it was just a light rain so we decided to go ahead with our original plan to walk to school...with our umbrellas in hand off we went for our 15 minute walk(some of us ar slower than others) and got the children to their classes and settled in.
 
 
I thought I might be super sad to have them all gone all day.  That sadness has yet to come.  Maybe because David is home with me this morning(so we will see what tomorrrow brings) but for today I am excited for them and there new adventure because I too will have a new adventure too(which I will talk about at a later time)!!!
 
  
 
As you can see Jensen will be in 1st grade, David 4th, and Julianna 3rd!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

They are so cute and they really look happy. I love the idea of holding up fingers for their grade. Hope they have a great day.

Carla said...

We will miss all of you at Chestnut Hill!