Thursday, August 23, 2012

26.2

 
If you read this post you would know Christian qualified for states and you would also know he injured himself at regionals...these 2 meets are 2 weeks apart from each other and so for good measure why don't you run a marathon in between the 2.
 I still am shaking my head about the whole thing. 
 
When his injury happend we tried to change it to a 10K but the rules are clear you can't change which race you will run.  We thought the morning of maybe we would be able to change it in person and if it couldn't be changed he just wouldn't run.  Imagine my surprise when David returned with no Christian and I was so excited that they let him change his race and again imagine my surprise when they didn't and he was running the marathon. 
 
He had never to this point ran more than 6 miles and most of his current running training had been running all out for 800 meters.  He is in fabulous shape but running 26.2 miles with no training is craziness and he is just the crazy to do it. 
 
He finished ... not only did he finish he came in 4th in his age group with the time of 3:16 which is amazing so amazing in fact we learned later he was 6 minutes shy of qualifying for the Boston Marathon...6 minutes.  When he found this out he said, "If I would of know the time to beat I would have done it"  and as I have looked at the first half time and last half time I believe he would have! 

No comments: