Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Science Birthday

When I asked my soon to be turning 8 year old what kind of birthday party he would want he without hesitation(and I knew it would be) SCIENCE!!!! This made my heart stop because what on earth was I going to do...it isn't like you can go out and buy science birthday plates and napkins so the research began and honestly not until about 2 days before the party did I think it was going to all work out.

We started out by putting on these and making these:

*on the inside was a science scavenger hunt which helped get their energy out

It was a hot hot humid day, we had everyone quickly use these plus H2O:


to make this:


Remember my dilemma with science plates I came up with this:

I found the science bulletin board cutouts at our local school store and glued them onto a white plate placing a clear plate over top:

For the napkins I found some cute stamps at oriental trading and stamped the napkins:

David helped with the making of these 2 things and he loved helping get ready for his party!!!!

No comments: