This is Julianna, David IV, and Jensen standing where I was sitting on the mountain:
Friday, June 25, 2010
Me and My Mountain
I am afraid of heights and to be honest I didn't quite realize how afraid simply because I avoid them. The views of the Grand Canyon were fabulous and I did great with my whole height issue. David and Christian climbed up to the top of this mountain and once I took the picture, myself and the little guys kept walking down the path looking for a place that they could climb up too. We found the perfect place and then began the waiting for dad and Christian to catch up. After waiting for 5 minutes i decided they could go up a little ways and I would watch with my 2 feet planted on solid ground. Well they got to a point were I flet they needed to stay and they did but they became restless and wanted to go further and since there was still no sign of Dad or Christian I decided I would go up too and it wasn't that high. I was climbing right up that mountain at a good pace and then at one point I turned around. You know when someone says whatever you do don't look down I wish someone would have yelled that! I was absolutely panic striken. Here I am 100 ft or more up a mountain that overlooks the Grand Canyon and I am sitting there shaking with my 3 little ones up there with me which made the panic worse. I demanded they sit down right now and we would just wait for Dad to come. After waiting and waiting I decided the only way I was getting down was if I did it myself and it took a lot of talk to myself to get me to that point. It was decided I would go down the mountain alone. I needed to be an example to my children that even though something was scary you could do it. I would take it one step at a time and I would think through each step. As I took the first step in near tears and shaking like a leaf a great peace and calm came over me and a strength I didn't know I had in me. Was I alone going down the mountain? No not at all we have a loving Heavenly Father and he was there with me on that mountain side to calm my fears and lead me safely where I needed to go and do the things He needed me to do. My children needed to see me afraid and see Heavenly Father's hand in me overcoming that fear. Will I be climbing up a mountain in the near future? NO! But if I do I know I am not alone!
This is Julianna, David IV, and Jensen standing where I was sitting on the mountain:
This is Julianna, David IV, and Jensen standing where I was sitting on the mountain:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment