Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Husband

I had intended on posting this around Father's Day but never got around to actually copying it and pasting it until today:

As I had ponder my feelings for David gratitude fills my heart for my dear sweet husband and best friend. We have a 15 year old and 4, 5, and 6 year old and you can imagine when the younger children were all in diapers I was overwhelmed. I expressed this to him and he gave me great advice. "Decide what kind of mom you want to be and I will support that whatever it means. " I decided and talked to him about it and he has kept his word on supporting me whatever it meant.

There have been days when he has come home with no dinner on the table because we spent the day at he zoo and were all napping and he has readily made dinner without complaint or the house was in disaray because we painted and playdoughed and played all day and he is right there to help get things back in order again with a smile. He calls me everyday at midday to see how the day is going and if I am being that mom I want to be. If I say I no- I have A,B, and C to do he reminds me when I can't remind myself what kind of mom I want to be he tells me to go have fun with our kids and we can stay up late to get A, B, and C done together. His support has not only transformed my ability to be the mom I want to be,it has also made it possible not worry about the everyday drudgery that can overwhelm me and at times overshadow my important role as a mother to our children. I am grateful to him beyond measure. He selflessly has given to me what I couldn't give myself, the ability to be the mom I always wanted to be without the pressure of having to be perfect at everything. I only need to worry about trying to become perfect at the thing that is most important to me and that is being a mom.

2 comments:

luckyduck said...

What a guy! It's wonderful how he supports you.

Jewels said...

It goes both ways, but he certainly does 100%