Since our married life began we have lived a full life. By the time our 4 year anniversary came around we truly felt like we had been married for 20 years!
When we got married we started out with a 7 year old sweetie sealed to us in the temple. I owned and ran my own business. David worked count them 3 part time jobs and was going to school full time(luckily one of them turned out to be a full time gig). 9 months and 4 days after we were married we had our 2nd darling boy and 18 months after that our princess was born and 17 months later by our laid back boy arrived. We were married for 3 years and 8 months at that point. In that time we had 1 car accident(might I add that our one car was being towed to the shop when the accident occurred and then both of our cars were being towed at he same time), 2 surgeries, 3 broken bones, 2 sets of stitches, a hospitalized child, 2 additions, one kitchen and living room renovation-the stripped to the studs kind and the list could go on and on. We couldn't have been happier even with all the twists and turns along the way!!!
At one point I was a bit overwhelmed by it all and I was given some of the best advice by my Dad. He said something like ,"Remember this is a means to an end, there are only 6 more weeks of school and it is done. This is such a very small part of your life together and there is an end to it." This advice has been priceless for us.
When my honey graduated from school and we were trying to find a job, there were lots of decisions to make. We readily decided we were staying here which narrowed the job field tremendously. Options were few but we knew what direction he was headed in and I knew what this meant for us. Working weekends, nights, overnights, holidays, and a schedule that could not be relied upon from week to week but I knew what lied ahead and "this was a means to an end." It was decided and we have loved the company he has worked for despite all the craziness with his schedule. I quite enjoyed him being home some mornings or the 4 days off before overnights and the 3 days after. There were lots of pluses. He progressed relatively quickly in the company. Passing tests the first time others(including his bosses) would have to take 3-7 times, getting promotions quickly others would wait years to get and it all was heading in the direction we were both pleased and we could see the next step on his path and we knew it was more going to be like a big giant leap with all the factors in our world today!
Finally after the years of doing what we knew was right and sacrificing some sort of normalcy since our married life began and making the craziness of it all work....No more overnights! No more working on Sundays! No more working on Christmas! No more random schedules! Now we can look forward to Family Home Evening on Monday Nights(not the night it works best that particular week)! Going to church together every week. Holidays without interruption for a 4 hour shift. Dinner together every night. I am looking forward to our new life even though I will miss some of the perks of the old one!!! Congratulations Honey!!! I am so proud of you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great thing for your family! Congrats :)
Post a Comment