Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Triumph in Parenting

I have a 2,4,5 and 14 year old and you quite never know what is going to come out of their precious little mouthes sometimes. Of course as most children can often do mine were complaining about this and that so we had a lesson that caught their attention about complaining. They were collecting thumbs up if they did things without complaining. It was now time to clean up the playroom which had a few items needing to be cleaned up and what do you know I had one young complainer and I asked, " Are you going to pick up your markers and her sweet reply was, "No I am going to be like Laman." My simple response was I think he spent a lot of time in his tent thinking so why don't you do that and off she went. Within five minutes her bright smiling face came bounding down the stairs saying "Mom I am ready to be like Nephi" and she gave me a thumbs up and in turn she received another one to add to her collection and our home has been much happier of a place to be!!!! Thank you Nephi!!!

No comments: