Monday, January 3, 2011

Of the Things that Matter Most

Every year at this time I have a "new year resolution" but it isn't really a resolution it is a thought or feeling I keep with myself all year. This years thought comes from a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf called Of the Things that Matter Most(you can read it here ) and the quote that has stuck with me from the moment I heard it was this.... "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e"
I always feel like it can be more time but I can't add hours to the day but I can take time in the moments with them. To look them in the eyes and say I love you, to read them just one more story, to sit down and eat breakfast with them instead of running around getting ready to head out myself,to turn the music off in the car and talk. We can't build relationships with anyone without taking the time and so for this year time is what I am giving to the Lord, my family, and my friends.

2 comments:

Dan Romano said...

That is an awesome gift Julia. Time is all we have in this world and love is all we really have to give, so I can see why they are so synonymous in meaning, and go well together, and have exactilly the same amount of letters in the words! I have a 4 year old son and have four step children whom I dont see any more be we are divorced. So even though I hurt because I do not see the other children I must now focus on my son more then ever and rememebr the good "times' i had with the other children. So thank you for your Blog, it has touched me and helped me todat relaize even more that Tiem is so important for the children just as much as the parent. :) have a blessed day!
Dan

Dan Romano said...

"All you will ever need to go through life is whithin you now"