Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LAKE MICHIGAN 2010

I love Lake Michigan! I have some of my happiest memories as a child and an adult on its shores and this day was no different but so different. This was one of the highlights of the year and in thinking more about it a lifetime. It was a perfect day...one of those days you hold onto in your hearts for a lifetime the feeling of a celestial family was had on this day and it makes you realize it is possible!!!


We started off by going to a new children's museum called Sandcastles and the kids had so much fun there and then we headed off to the lake.







David buried up to his neck!!!

and Christian too!!!!

A Pretty Princess!!!

The waves this day were in between 3-5 ft and the lake was warm which is unusual. We spent hours dodging the waves jumping over them, diving under, swimmming to shore with them lapping over you head, sitting there and letting them take you away and we did this until your body literally was so exhausted you had to take a break and then we would go out again...here they are waiting for a big one!


Brotherly Love(he is going to be a fabulous daddy someday)!!!!


Running from a BIG one!!! This is actually not a big one at all the bigger ones were out further just before a sand bar so the kids could stand knee deep and have these waves crash right over their heads...FUN!!!!






The kids including the husband had so much fun trying to figure out how to get to the lighthouse via the "rocks" instead of using the convenient pier provided. I was a bit terrified at times but they all made good choices along the way and I was so proud to see their little minds working their way to the lighthouse(there is a lesson there I might share another day).







I took these without him knowing and I was so wondering what he was thinking.




Up in the dunes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Julia! So much fun!